A Complete Guide To Routine Dental Care
If you’re looking to establish a lifelong habit, the best one you can have is an excellent oral hygiene routine! Maintaining a good oral routine doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive, and most of all, it provides you with so many benefits for your mouth and well-being. To help you keep your mouth healthy, our Torrance Dental Associates team provides a complete guide to help you maintain fantastic oral hygiene for life.
Our Complete, Full Guide To a Great Oral Hygiene Routine
Taking care of your teeth and gums twice daily can enhance oral health and keep your teeth shiny and clean for life! Your teeth are vital for breaking down foods to help you gain the nutrition your body needs. But it’s not just your teeth that are important – your gums also help support your teeth. They are often a good indicator of health concerns with the rest of your body, and your overall smile can significantly impact your sense of self-esteem, an essential part of your mental health.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to maintain good oral health and protect your body from disease, infections, and other problems later in life.
- Brushing Twice Daily: Proper oral hygiene starts with brushing your teeth twice daily. When brushing your teeth, angle your brush at 45 degrees and brush up and down in gentle, circular motions. Clean the surface of every tooth and be thorough, and choose a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid damaging your gums.
- Remember to Floss: Flossing is an often neglected habit, but it shouldn’t be; flossing helps eliminate at least 40% of the bacteria and plaque in your mouth. Floss once daily by wrapping the floss around your fingers and gently moving it between your teeth to keep them clean.
- Clean Your Tongue Too: Cleaning your tongue helps eliminate the bacteria left over after brushing and helps eliminate bad breath. Brush your tongue in circular motions and avoid triggering your gag reflex, or use a tongue scraper to clean bacteria off the mouth.
- Use Mouthwash Often: While not necessary, mouthwash can kill any leftover bacteria and plaque after brushing. Make sure to choose a mouthwash with an ADA seal of acceptance and rinse your mouth with a small amount for about 30 to 40 seconds, spitting it out afterward.
- Get Regular Checkups: Scheduling a teeth cleaning allows your dentist to remove plaque you cannot reach and help prevent the onset of cavities and gum disease.
- Eat Well and Drink Water: Eating healthy fruits and vegetables can give your body the nutrition it needs to maintain your mouth. Drinking water helps stimulate the saliva glands throughout your mouth, and saliva helps remove bacteria from your teeth and gums.
Visit Torrance Dental Associates For Oral Health Tips and Excellent Family Dental Care
At Torrance Dental Associates, Dr. Alireza Movassaghi and his team can provide families with the dental care they need for excellent oral health. Our clinic provides dental care for families throughout Torrance, CA, and specializes in giving patients a caring, comfortable environment. For more information about our dental services, speak to us by calling (310) 327-4166 to learn more.