Achieving Better Oral Health With Family Dentistry
Family dentists work with patients all over to give them better access to dental care. They’re able to offer a variety of affordable, comprehensive treatments and, most of all, improve their patient’s oral health. Families seeking dental care can easily find all the treatments they need at their family dentist, but what makes family dentists so unique? We’re here to review what family dentists do and how they provide dental care to their patients.
Achieving Better Oral Health With Family Dentistry: What Makes Family Dentists So Great?
Family dentistry is a subspecialty of dentistry that focuses on treating patients at every stage of their life. Family dentists treat patients of all ages but often focus on children and teenagers through preventative treatments. Alongside children, family dentists work with elderly patients and work to anticipate their medical conditions during treatment.
But what makes a family dentist? It’s because of how they treat families as a whole. They work with parents and guardians to offer affordable dental care plans, preventative services, and a large selection of dental services to meet their patients’ needs. They work in single locations, meaning that families don’t have to visit multiple dentists for all of their family members to receive care. They have no age limits, meaning that children, parents, and grandparents can receive dental care within the same space. Most of all, preventative care methods are emphasized, including treatments that are not normally provided by general dentists. Some of these treatments include:
- Annual Dental Checkups: Checkups allow family dentists to identify and address problems in their earliest stages for all family members. Through digital x-rays and intraoral cameras, family dentists can pinpoint problems and use these checkups to check for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and misalignments.
- Fluoride Treatments: Children at a higher risk of tooth decay can benefit from fluoride treatments. Fluoride treatments work by infusing fluoride into the enamel, strengthening it over time, and giving children stronger teeth to protect them from decay.
- Dental Sealants: Dental sealants are considered one of the best preventative measures, as they work to protect children’s molars from tooth decay. Because children often have deep crevices in the back molars, sealants can act as plastic coatings that work to fill in those crevices.
- Dental Restoration Treatments: Some restorative treatments, such as crowns, fillings, and dentures, can help families repair and restore their teeth back to health. For instance, dentures can be used for geriatric patients to help them regain their ability to chew and speak.
- Specialist Referrals: In cases where family members need extra, more specific care, family dentists can refer those patients to specialists, such as endodontists and orthodontists, to help them receive specific treatments.
Because of the wide range of people they serve, family dentists are considered the perfect dentists to see all family members.
Care For Your Family’s Oral Health with Torrance Dental Associates
At Torrance Dental Associates, Dr. Alireza Movassaghi and his team can provide families with the preventative and restorative care they need for excellent oral health. Our clinic provides dental care for families throughout Torrance, CA, and specializes in giving patients a caring, comfortable environment to receive their care. For more information about our services, speak to us by calling (310) 327-4166 to learn more about our services.